DroidSSTV is an app for Android which lets you transmit and receive amateur radio (ham radio) slow scan TV on your Android Smartphone or Android tablet. This communications app is a great tool for portable slow scan TV operation. Just connect your Android phone or tablet to an HF radio (or even set it next to the radio’s speaker), tune on to an SSTV frequency, and watch the pictures scroll onto the screen. DroidSSTV supports the modes Scottie 1, Scottie 2, Scottie DX, Martin 1, and Martin 2 at this time.
The features in SSTV receiving modes include:
- Spectrum analyzer for easy tuning
- Auto synchronization ( auto slant correction)
- Auto mode detect
- VIS encoding (detects SSTV header and sets mode automatically)
- Level bar for adjusting the audio signal
- Auto save received pictures to SD Card.
- Share received pictures (Email , Dropbox etc.)
The features in the SSTV transmitting modes include:
- Pre-load up to 9 pictures from the SD Card into gallery
- Adjust contrast, brightness and saturation
- Template editor for easily overlaying templates over images
- Macro’s for use with templates